B.B.A Aviation Management
Aviation-related careers are not confined only to pilots. There are a huge number of other jobs that are necessary to keep air travel moving safely. An aviation management degree provides a broad range of skills, both technical and managerial, that prepare individuals for long-term careers in airline and airport management.
The government owned Airports Authority of India (AAI) operates 126 airports and civil enclaves out of a total of 449 airports and airstrips located throughout India. Around 80 airports/aerodromes receive regular commercial flights. The cities of Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi and Mumbai are served by privately (or joint-venture) operated airports. Airports in India handled 295 million passengers in 2017. India is the fifth largest civil aviation market in the world behind the USA, China, Japan and the United Kingdom.
Worldwide, airlines carry more than 3 billion passengers a year and deliver about one-third of traded goods by value. Aviation-sector employment also is seen as strong. Airlines employ about 2.5 million workers and expect “to accelerate the pace of hiring over the next year,” the association reported in June 2015.
To work for a major airline carrier, an international airport, a government agency or a general aviation service provider, a bachelor’s degree in aviation management can provide the foundational and specialized knowledge needed to succeed in a range of careers including Airport managers, Airport Operations Manager, Airport planners and Air Cargo Managers.
Also our BBA Aviation programme has a unique blend of industry relevant content on par with International Air Transport Association (IATA) standards, which makes the graduate’s employability higher. The course is offered with a Choice Based Credit System, where the student has wider choices of electives to choose from based on his/her interests.
Foreign languages like French and German are also offered as choices in languages.
- DURATION OF THE COURSE: 3 Years (6 Semesters)
- ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION Candidate who has passed II PUC / (10+2) or any other examination considered equivalent by the University of Mysore, is eligible for admission to the first semester of the Program
Medium of Instruction
- The medium of instruction shall be English. However, students are allowed to write the examination in Kannada.
- Introduction to Airline Industry
- Management Information System
- Airline Marketing Management
- Cargo Introductory Course
- Foundation in Travel and Tourism with GDS
- Business Ethics & Values
- Passenger Ground Service with DCS – I
- Air Cargo Security Awareness
- Airline and Airport Management
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators I
- Airline Customer Service
- Passenger Ground Service with DCS – II
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators II
- Aviation Security Awareness
- Basic Ramp Safety
- Crew Resource Management
- Services Marketing
- Air Ticketing & Fare Construction
- Customer Relationship Management
- Airline Advertising & Sales Promotion